ASYLUM magazine is an international forum for free debate, open to anyone with an interest in psychiatry, psychology and mental health.
- For humane and democratic alternatives to traditional psychiatry
- A forum for free and open debate and discussion about controversial issues in mental health and psychiatry
- A platform for service users and survivors to express their views and voices, as well as for frontline workers, academics and allies
- A place for the discussion of experience, ideas and campaigning around mental health issues
- Part of a broader movement for social change – within and beyond psychiatry
- Independent from powerful lobby groups (e.g. mental health organisations, drugs companies etc)