19th June 2014: Give And Ye Shall Receive by Joel White
Come along to The Castle Hotel at 7pm to listen to Joel’s talk. Share a crust of bread, and hear the talk he has to share…
Title of talk:
Give and ye shall receive
Bullet points of what you would like to talk about:
In my talk I will explore, with the audience, the following:
- What is giving? I’ll explore various notions of giving, derived from relevant sources;
- I’ll look at the act of giving and different types of giving, drawing on examples from well-known people. Do come along with your own examples;
- I’ll look at what I consider to be a few myths misconceptions about giving, exploring some of the following with this aim:
- ‘We already spend a vast amount on foreign aid’;
- ‘The money we have spent has had little or no effect’;
- Giving is all about money;
- Giving and Instant gratification;
- When I give what do I receive in return?
- I’ll engage you in a final activity based on the giving and receiving of positive written comments from others to take away and remember.
A few paragraphs on your subject:
I believe individuals have great potential to give to others. Many people relate giving to the donation of money and less in terms of time dedicated to others. Individuals seem unaware of the other methods of giving that can be done and the benefits that they bring not only for the individual concerned, but others and society in general.
This talk therefore, explores giving and ways of giving beyond financial giving, and how people can benefit from it personally (as well as others they help).
A few paragraphs about you:
I am Joel. I am in the process of retraining from a qualified teacher towards a career in caring such as counsellor, life coach/ motivational speaker. Before October 2013 I was living and working abroad for 6 years (Thailand, China, Korea). I have plenty of life experience based on various difficulties and problems I have been exposed to in my life and want to share my vast array of knowledge with others in how they can have a positive impact in helping others lead a more whole life.
What free internet knowledge resources would you recommend to others if they wish to explore your chosen theme further?
What are your weblinks?
Public Email – [email protected]