Navigate / search

6th March 1931: Winston Churchill opens the new Edinburgh Settlement extension

Here is a photograph of when Winston Churchill opened the new Edinburgh Settlement extension in the form of Cameron House. Cameron House sits on Cameron House Avenue among public housing in the Prestonfield district of Edinburgh.  It was built in 1770 for the Dick family who were owners of the Prestonfield estate and the nearby Prestonfield House. Read more