Come along to The Counting House at 7pm to listen to Doreen, share a crust of bread, and listen to her ideas on girls and evolution…
Title of talk:
Evolving for Girls
Bullet points of what you would like to talk about:
A wry look at how evolutionary psychology currently narrates human evolution and the interaction between the genders in terms of mate selection. It will suggest that:
- The current narrative of mate selection is a tad male-centred
- The current mate selection model has some quite fundamental problems trying to explain what women are actually like
- Some of these theories are highly amusing
- A female-centred version of evolution might be a bit of a good idea
- There are some quite good reasons for supporting a female viewpoint, including being a woman and preferring to have a say in mate selection theories about you.
- A few suggestions for a female-centred model of mate selection will be offered up for consideration.