29th Oct 2015: A Memory of Blood; Livestreaming and the Fall of the Mongolian Empire by Donald Carrick
Come along to The Counting House at 7pm to listen to Donald, share some food, and learn about the Mongolian Empire…
Title of Talk:
A Memory of Blood: Livestreaming and the Fall of the Mongolian Empire
Bullet Points of What You Would Like to Talk About:
- The myriad narratives that could describe the aftermath of the rule of Genghis Khan
- The conflict between those narratives, as real life does not conform to narrative and thus to the way we understand life. The inherent contradictions this illuminates in the human mind and our conceptions of the reality.
- The fall of the Mongolian Empire after the death of Genghis Khan and the conflict between his children.
- The conflict between our ingrained narrative thinking and the shape of the modern world. The dangers this poses to our sense of self and reality if not addressed.
- The question of how history can be made use of in our conception of the current and future stories of reality we inhabit.