Name of speaker and subject:
Title of talk:
Alcohol and the Brain Drain: How to Provision the Brain Before, During and After Alcohol Consumption.
Bullet points of what you would like to cover:
- Alcohol lowers cerebral energy metabolism – hence we forget the pleasure of its relaxation.
- This may be avoided by forward provisioning cerebral energy reserve prior to and after alcohol consumption.
- Honey is the Gold Standard food for selective liver replenishment.
- This forward provisions cerebral energy reserve, reduces the risk of low blood glucose (hypoglycaemia) and of the metabolic stress this activates, and reduces risk of all the unpleasant after effects of alcohol consumption.
- In addition honey improves the detoxification of alcohol via upgrading alcohol dehydrogenase.
- Honey upgrades hepatic (liver) glutathione a vital hepatic antioxidant and important for optimal liver function.
- Honey upgrades hepatic nitric oxide, a vital signal for optimal insulin signalling.
- Post alcohol honey activates the Honey/Insulin/Melatonin (HYMN) Cycle, a cycle that forward provisions cerebral energy , reduces nocturnal metabolic stress, promotes quality sleep and recovery physiology, protects neurones from energy deficiency, and improves memory consolidation and learning during REM sleep.
- Honey is the perfect food to consume prior to and post alcohol consumption.