I was recently invited to sit in on a meeting of the Community of Practice at University of Manchester which is thinking through how to embed Sustainability across the curriculum. This area of thinking and study is massively relevant as it connects with each and every human and living thing on the planet. How we move into greater synergy with our environment and life supporting bio-systems is an emerging field which is complex and multi-disciplinary. Read more
19th June 2014: Fostering Vandalism of the Earth or Stewardship? Towards Education for Sustainability by Susan Brown
Come along to The Castle Hotel at 7pm to listen to Susan’s thoughts. Share a crust of bread, and hear the talk she has to share…
Fostering Vandalism of the Earth or Stewardship?: Towards Education for Sustainability
by Susan Brown
I’ll explore with the audience:
- What we mean by the term ‘sustainability’ ;
- The rationale for the development of curricula with a focus on sustainability;
- What understandings and skills we are trying to foster through sustainability education and why?
- What curriculum with a focus on sustainability might look like?
- As a group we’ll have a go at devising a potential curriculum for sustainability 😉
Have you ever read the Kama Sutra? I have and I recommend it. It is not as most people think a sex manual. It is a guide to right livelihood (‘Dharma’). Much as Shakespeare’s seven ages of man:
All the world’s a stage, And all the men and women merely players. Read more